Are you a leader or a decision maker of an SME? Looking to support the resilience, development or growth of your business?
Cardiff Business School’s Help to Grow Management programme starts again on the 28th February 2024, sign up to boost your business’ performance, resilience and long-term growth.
You’ll be joining 3,000 small business leaders in the UK who have registered and are taking part in the Help to Grow Management course. Find out what you and your business can get out of the course below.
What is the Help to Grow Management Course?
Join other business leaders – Innovate and grow your business and take it to the next level with this executive course delivered by industry experts at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University.
This 12-week course is designed to work around your full-time role and is 90% funded by UK Government.
Interactive online modules are combined with peer-to- peer networking and support. Periodically, they will invite you to join other business leaders in person to explore and to discuss case study examples. These workshops help you apply new knowledge to develop your Growth Action Plan and help strengthen your business’s future.
This growth accelerator programme is not just for leaders of business start-ups, but well suited for leaders of long-established businesses.
What can you and your business get out of the programme?
Ruth Partington, CEO, EMPOWER:
“When I signed up for the Help to Grow programme in 2021, I had no immediate expectations of what might come from taking part. It has been an incredible journey, which for me has resulted in a make-over of my strategic thinking and aims, a refresher and a genuine eye- opener on latest research and thinking.
“Whilst the programme is intense – to get the most out of it you need to commit fully – I have thoroughly enjoyed my time, and it has galvanised my appetite for change in my own business, even after 25 years.
“Now, together with the mentor assigned through the programme, EMPOWER is on a rapid growth trajectory with renewed confidence and significant structural change. The icing on the cake has been the dedicated support and commitment from the team at Cardiff Business School.”
Matt Rapson, Managing Director, Thermal Compaction Group Ltd:
“I can’t speak highly enough of the H2TG management course, personally it covered most if not all the aspects one needs to have a professional overview of running an SME, looking for growth potential and best of all, giving you the tools to look within your own organisation and make it the best it can be.
“The course material was comprehensive, the lecturers delivered the content in a professional yet easy to understand manner, in which you would take something useful from each and every module. My time spent on this course has proved invaluable to me and my company.”
Beverley Lewis, CEO, Welsh Triathlon Limited:
“No matter where you are in your leadership journey, you will get a lot out of the Help to Grow: Management Course. I don’t know anybody that would have done the course and not come away with something valuable.”
It’s more than just a management course, the programme structure consists of:
- eight facilitated online 2-hour sessions
- four face-to-face sessions which are practical and interactive case study workshops
- peer support
- 10 hours of one-to-one business mentoring. Your carefully selected mentor will provide you with personalised support for you to develop a tailored, sustainable growth plan to help your team and business reach its full potential.
- peer networking which includes regular confidential peer group calls. These facilitated sessions provide an opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other business leaders.
- access to the Help to Grow: Management Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events.
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including:
- strategy and innovation
- digital transformation
- winning new markets
- vision, mission and values
- developing a marketing strategy
- building a brand
- organisational design
- employee engagement and leading change
- high performance workplace
- effective operations
- finance and financial management
The Help to Grow: Management course is being delivered by business schools across the UK which are accredited with the Small Business Charter. The programme is heavily subsidised by UK Government and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Cardiff Business School regularly offer FREE taster sessions for the Help to Grow: Management course, find out more here.
This programme is just one of many that is offered by their Executive Education team.
After the programme
Completing the Help to Grow: Management course at Cardiff Business School, is the beginning of a lifelong relationship with the business school and access to an array of opportunities including placement students, summer projects and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships. Cardiff Business School manages their growing alumni Help to Grow community through an exclusive group on LinkedIn.
Duration: 12-weeks plus an onboarding session
Location: Online and face-to-face sessions at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University
Cost: £750 as the programme is 90% funded by the UK Government (less than £65 per week)
To join the Help to Grow: Management course and be eligible for subsidised funding, your business must:
- employ between 5 and 249 people
- be a Small or Medium sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- have been operational for at least one year
- not be a charity.
- If your business employs between 10 and 249 people, you can send up to TWO participants
- on the course.
- To join the Help to Grow: Management course, the applicant must:
- be a senior decision maker, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director, Operations Director, etc.
- commit to completing all sessions.
About Cardiff Business School
Cardiff Business School is the world’s first business school to put public value at the heart of its operation. It is an AACSB and AMBA-accredited business school with a clear mission: to make a positive impact in the communities of Wales and the world.
To understand how they can support you, and for more information, please contact Jane Lynch, Programme Director: Help2Grow@cardiff.ac.uk
Find out more here.