- Last year, eBay launched the eBay Business Roadshow to help small businesses in the UK by offering training and support. eBay hit road and toured across different regional cities, meeting with hundreds of small businesses. The final stop is Cardiff!
- eBay will spend over £1m to train small businesses and is offering the program in partnership with Small Business Britain and British Chambers of Commerce.
- Small businesses attending each of the 12 regional Roadshows will be exclusively invited to apply for grants and support packages from eBay, the total value of which amounts to £1 million. This will be made up of two parts, with up to £250,000 available as grants, and up to £750,000 available as ‘Start and Scale Packages’ to support small businesses to set up and grow through eBay. Each winner will also get 1-2-1 mentoring with an eBay ambassador, over the course of one year, to help them accelerate growth.
- It’s only a few days before the eBay Business Roadshow comes to Cardiff. With a jam-packed day of tailored content, expert panels, community networking and more – make sure to register today to claim your place. Register here.
Where and When
The event will take place on Thursday 2 March 2023, 10am – 6pm. Registrations start from 9:30am – 10am. It will be held atSophia Gardens Cricket Ground, Sophia Walk, Pontcanna, Cardiff, CF11 9XR. Come along for the whole day or drop in at a time that suits your schedule.
What to expect
- As part of the eBay commitment to small businesses like yours, eBay will be giving £1,000 grants to sellers in each of the 12 cities they are visiting. More information on how roadshow attendees can apply for cash grants and support packages to boost their businesses will also be revealed as a part of the Small Business Seller panel
Networking opportunities and business inspiration
- There are several sessions where you will be able to network with other businesses from the region. Snacks, lunch, nibbles, and free drinks will be provided during the event.
- There will be a great seller panel, where you will be able to hear from local small business owners about how they’ve started and scaled their businesses.
Whether you are just starting out or advancing your business online – get tips and tricks from our pool of eBay experts and special guests. Here is a taster of some of our sessions:
- Seller Support Programs at eBay: Hear directly from a panel of eBay sellers on what their journeys have been like so far, what support programs they have made the most of, and any tips they have for businesses in the room. Afterwards, there will be dedicated sessions about eBay’s seller support programs run by senior experts from across eBay – on everything from eBay Fulfilment to the Global Shipping Program, to Promoted Listings, and Working Capital.
- Sustainability basics for Small Businesses: Ciaran Armstrong from Sustainable Pathways will take you on a masterclass in all things “responsible business”, based on the highly sought-after Sustainability Basics course delivered by Small Business Britain and Oxford Brookes Business School..
- Building The Right Foundations on eBay: Hear from the Director of SMBs, Sarah Bryant, on the must-have foundations of your eBay store. She’ll cover everything from what makes the perfect listing, to how to stand out when buyers search for your products, to how to use Terapeak to do product research, and how to use all the tools at your disposal in Seller Hub.
To book your place click here.